I am a mosaic artist based in Brighton, UK, with over 12 years’ experience in mosaic design, making and installing. I specialise in bespoke commissions, large scale mosaics and working with schools and communities. My work typically shows my love of stained glass and of rich colour, light reflection, and texture. I enjoy the wonderful versatility of mosaics, combining art, joy, and practical applications, especially its suitability for the outdoors and in large scale architectural settings.
My career has included working in social housing and as a trainer. This is reflected in my enjoyment of teaching others and in using mosaics to bring people together with a shared purpose.
I have lived in Brighton, Sussex, for 15 years, but I have London links and northern roots, and my work is influenced by world travel.
Commissioning a mosaic
If you like my work, I can design and make a bespoke mosaic artwork to your own requirements, whether for a home, garden, special gift, or a public space. Large or small. Please call me for a free, no-obligation chat about any idea you may have. Here’s a step-be-step guide of what I will do.
1. Discuss ideas and budget and give you an indication of options and cost, making a site visit if necessary.
2. Listen to your preferences and use my experience and skills to develop a unique and wonderful mosaic for you.
3. Sketch a design and select sample materials, which I will discuss with you, amend as needed and agree with you.
4. Fabricate the mosaic (usually off-site), sending progress updates (and a further input opportunity) at an early stage.
5. Delivery and install the mosaic on site to complete the project.
Indicative costs: Small bespoke mosaics start from £120, Large scale mosaics start from £150 design and consultation fee, and from £1,200 per square metre for fabrication and installation.